Diseases afflicting patients’ digestive system (organs from mouth-anus, alimentary tract) are encompassed in the medical field of gastroenterology. Gastroenterologists specialize in the diagnosis and treatments of the diseases included in the following fields: hepatology (liver), endoscopy, proctology (anus and rectum), and even in inflammatory bowel diseases.
Common medical procedures performed by gastroenterologists all over the world comprise the following:
- Colonoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy: colon examination for disease diagnosis
- Liver biopsy: for discovering liver anomalies and detecting inflammation and fibrosis presence in the hepatic region
- Gastrointestinal surgery: a broad term which incorporates the surgical management of the following diseases:
- Esophageal disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Stomach tumors (GIST)
- Hiatal, ventral, paraesophageal hernias
- Mediastinal masses
- Chron’s disease
- GERD (gastrointestinal reflux disease)
- Cancers of the gallbladder, stomach, liver, pancreas, esophagus, and colon
- Treatments for various digestive diseases:
(ulcers, mal absorption syndrome, cholecystitis, diverticulosis, cirrhosis, pancreatitis, and others)
- Capsule endoscopy: used for the examination of the small intestine using a tiny video capsule
Premiere hospitals in India have the technology to perform even robotic medical procedures for gastroenterology-related disorders. Specialists and medical professionals in the country are kept abreast with the latest technological advancements to provide excellent service to local and international patients.
Consider getting your Gastroenterology procedures in any of the state-of-the-art hospitals in the country using our Datalife Health Tours service. Not only do we provide assistance in booking your medical procedures and travel, we also provide access to your medical health records anytime, anywhere, using the EMR (electronic medical records) service from DataLife Health.