To make most out of your India stay, you need to get acquainted with several medical and travel guidelines which apply to medical tourists in the country. India’s government instigated laws and regulations relating to medical tourism which international visitors should adhere to, for safety and the best outcomes of their treatment.
- Visa on arrival – Issued for tourists from the following countries: Cambodia,Finland,Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Luxembourg, Myanmar,New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, and Vietnam. However, this is only issued inMumbai,Delhi, Kolkata, and Chennai airports. Valid for 30 days.
- Tourist visa – Valid for 6 months
- Student visa – Validity depends on the study duration and issued upon presentation of proof of admission in India’s academic institutions
- Conference visa – Issued to participants with proof of conference/seminar invitation. Validity depends upon the conference’s duration.
- Transit visa –Issued to individuals who are merely passing through India, valid 15 days upon issuance.
- Business visa – Valid for one or several years